Quiche is a great lunch time meal, you can add whatever you like to it. You can make it vegetarian, or add bacon, or tuna. This is a great dish to make with the kids either for their school lunches, or for a weekend meal with the family.
- 1 Packet puff pastry. (I find the ones in sheets already are a lot easier to work with, but the blocks are good too).
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 200g Bacon
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 9 eggs
- 1 cups milk
- 1-2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Push pastry into pre greased tin, push baking paper on to the pastry and fill with rice (blind baking) and put in oven and bake for 15-20mins until golden
- While the pastry is cooking, fry onions, capsicum, bacon and garlic in a fry pan. once cooked place in bowl and set aside.
- remove pastry from the oven, and remove the baking paper and rice.
- Place cooked mix into the pastry case and top with half of the grated cheese.
- in a bowl whisk eggs and milk, pour over the top of the cooked mix and top with the remainder cheese.
- put in oven, and bake for between 40-50min or until set.
Serve this hot with a nice side salad or sit till it is cold, and refrigerate for school lunches.